Immigration Issues/H1-B Extension when I-140 approved

Question
Hi, my H1-B expired Dec 25th 2010 after which I left states on Dec 23rd 2010 for India, but my GC was in process from my current employer. MY PERM and I-140 were approved when in India.

Iam I eligible for a 3 years extension based on an approved I-140? I do have some re-capture time on my H1-B too. Can I also transfer to another employer, and they can file for my extension? Iam currently in states on an B1 visa.

Answer

Yes, since I-140 has been approved, an H1B petition can be filed for you by an employer in the U.S. requesting change of status from B1 to H1B for a 3 year period. This can be any employer; there is no requirement that only the H1B employer can file an H1B petition for you

Ajay K. Arora