Immigration Issues/H1B visa cap 2011-12

Question
Hello sir!

My question is, if my petition for H1b is filed and then count reaches 65000, will the petition be processed/ considered? Or it will be garbaged? Would I be able to travel to US before october next year?

Thanks in advance.

Answer

As long as the H1B petition is filed before the visa cap is reached, your case will be included within the visa cap. If the petition is filed after the visa cap has been reached, it will be returned to you by the USCIS.

If the visa cap is reached before the H1B petition is filed, it can be filed again at the beginning of April, 2012 with employment date of Oct. 2012.

Ajay K. Arora