Immigration Issues/H1B Visa stamping and client assignment

Question
Hello,

I am currently on H1B visa status which started this Oct 1. Before this I was on F1 OPT status which expired on 21 June.

I am on consultant payroll and my client is big financial firm in US.

I am planning to go to INDIA (my home country) for a visit and will have to do my visa stamping since this is the first time.

I want to know what are my chances if any of getting visa stamping denied.

Thank you for your help.

Answer

The odds of being issued a visa stamp are good since you have a degree from the U.S. and, more importantly, if you take evidence with you to the consular interview that the H1B employer is assigning you to Client X. This evidence should have been included with the H1B petition that was filed with the USCIS as well, so that the LCA (Labor Condition Application) worksite location is consistent with the location of the client (if you will be working at the client site) and there should as well be an agreement or contract between the H1B employer and the client.

Ajay K. Arora