Immigration Issues/Keep H1B visa while spouse is on A-2 Visa

Question

Is there a way to get around this situation of keeping my H-1 status while my wife keeps her A-2 status as we both received our respective visas before we were married.

My wife works for a consulate while I work for a corporate company. We both would like to keep our jobs.

Thank You

Answer

Yes, you can maintain your respective independent status. In the future, if you prefer you can stay in the U.S. and change status from H1B to A2 (as a dependent of the principal A2 visa holder), or your wife can change status to H4 if she no longer wants to maintain A2 status.

Ajay K. Arora