Immigration Issues/L1B and Divorce

Question
I got my divorce couple of months back , and I am yet to receive my divorce papers from court of law. Now my L1 visa is under process, with marital status mentioned as Divorced. Also I haven't included my Ex-Spouse name in my passport. Will I be required to produce the divorce documents before or during visa interview?

Please suggest me. Thank you

Answer

Marital status is not relevant in L1 cases. It is relevant only in L2 cases.

You can take the evidence of divorce or pending divorce with you to the L1 visa interview, but there will probably be no questions whatsoever regarding your marital status. There is no problem in declaring that you are divorced, since there is some evidence that you actually are (or that you believe that you are) divorced.

Ajay K. Arora