Immigration Issues/Employment Verification Letter for AOS

Question
During PERM process employer determines the Prevailing Wage . Say the prevailing wage is $90K and the PERM and 140 is approved based on that. .

Due to retrogression, the Employee waits for 5 years before being able to file 485. In 5 years, the prevailing wage for the same position has gone up to (say) $100K..

Should the Employment Verification Letter agree to pay Employee $90K (per PERM) or $100K (current Prevailing wage for the position) ?

Answer
It is OK if the employment verification letter indicates $90K. Indeed, it is best to be as consistent as possible with the information noted on PERM/I-140. However, it is also OK if the employment verification letter indicates $100K, as it is acceptable (although certainly not required or even expected) that the offered wage increases modestly.

Ajay K. Arora