Immigration Issues/Funds


QUESTION: I am from Pakistan. I applied under FSW and London VO received my full application in February 2011. My ecase status is Received by VO.

When I applied I had the required funds in my bank account but due to currency devaluation I purchased gold. Currently my bank balance is less than the required funds. I know at a later stage London VO will ask for updated bank statement. Is it ok to sell the gold at that time and deposit the money in bank? Will they not suspect that I borrowed the money from some one? Also, I have a piece of land in my name. Can I use that and show its value as funds? Is there any other way that you could advice?



ANSWER: Hi Faisal,

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it is ok to sell the gold when/if the London VO asks for updated proof of settlement funds.  No, you cannot use your land as funds as settlement funds are required to be liquid and transferrable.  


Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thank you very much for reply.

Will CHC not suspect that I borrowed this money?



Hi Faisal,

Not if you can show proof that you sold your own assets.  In fact, since gold is a liquid asset, you wouldn't even have to sell them, just produce proof that they belong to you.


Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roxanne Jessome


I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.


I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.

©2017 All rights reserved.