Immigration Issues/Green Card by Marriage

Question
Hi Mr Arora

Thank you so much in advance for read my question, I have been with my fiance for the last 4 years and we are about to marriage, I am American citizen, originally from Cuba, but naturalized just 3 months ago, on the other hand my boyfriend is from Belarus, he came to the US 12 years ago when he was barely 19 years old, with one of those visas for students to work during the summer, he overstayed his visa, and have been living in New York since then, he obviously have no green card now neither job authorization, however he has been working, and he have also have been filing and paying his taxes, we are about to marry in a couple of months, but we are honestly very nervous about he being denied the green card, how straight forward is this process? how big are the probabilities of being accepted or denied? and assuming we filed all forms immigration requires, what other documents lawyers suggest to submit to support the legitimacy of the the marriage? and how long does the whole process take?

Answer

All sponsorship paperwork can be filed concurrently, including your husband's (when you are married) adjustment of status application. The length of time in the U.S. after visa expiration is immaterial, as is the short span of time as a naturalized U.S. citizen; what is important is to show that it is a bona fide marriage: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

Ajay K. Arora