Immigration Issues/H4 while pregnant

Question
Hi, I am applying for my H1B and my wife's H4 in Jan 2012. My wife will be 3 month pregnant by that time. Is it legal for her to apply for H4 while pregnant? if we apply for H4 will there be any problem?

Answer

As the dependent of the H1B principal, your wife is eligible to apply for H4 status irrespective of her pregnancy status. There will be no problem at the Consulate.

Moreover, unlike student (F visa) or visitor (B visa) status, H visa status allows for intention to immigrate to the U.S. even though it is technically a non-immigrant visa.

Ajay K. Arora