Immigration Issues/Leave letter for L2 visa

Question
Hi Ajay,

I am applying for L2 visa, as my husband has L1B visa. We both work in same organization, and I will be on leave while travelling to US. Is it necessary that I carry the leave letter for the interview? Or print out of a leave

Answer

The Consulate can ask for any document in connection with visa issuance, including an employment letter or leave letter. However, L2 visa eligibility is based on whether your sposue is maintaining his L1 status, and whether you are currently employed in your home country is not really relevant, esp. since L visa status allows for intention to immigrate to the U.S. since it is a dual-intent visa.

Please check the visa appointment notice as to whether an employment letter is required in connection with the visa stamping interview.

Ajay K. Arora