Immigration Issues/Marriage to U.S. citizen and sponsorship

Question
Can a person here in the U.S. on a visitation visa legally marry without returning to Russia.  This person had no intention of getting married when they entered the U.S.  Should they return to Russia and re-apply for the correct visa or can they legally do it from here without worrying they will be denied.  She is 22 and the man is 23.

Answer

I am assuming that one of the partners to the marriage is a U.S. citizen.

The marriage and sponsorship including adjustment of status can be completed within the U.S. It is generally recommended to wait at least 60 days after entry to the U.S. prior to marriage with a U.S. citizen. The following page from our website is helpful: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

Ajay K. Arora