Immigration Issues/naturalization guidelines

Question
hello,

we got our green card on May 2006. my wife went back to our country to study on Sept 2009 and re-enter to US on April 2010 and went back again on May 2010 and came back to US on Aug. 2010 and never been out from the US since she came back on Aug 2010 because she decided not to finish her degree there anymore. my question is: Is she eligible to apply for naturalization?

thanks.

Answer

For the 5 year window immediately preceding the filing of the naturalization application (3 year window if green card is based on marriage to a U.S. citizen), the applicant must be physically present in the U.S. more than 50% of the time and, in addition, no single trip outside the U.S. can exceed 365 days.

Based on the above guidelines, it appears that your wife can apply for naturalization at this time. The following general information may be helpful: http://h1b1.com/citizenship.htm

Ajay K. Arora