Immigration Issues/prevailing wage for a physical therapist.

Question
QUESTION: Mr Ajay,

How are you? My husband is supposed to get a visa screen in few months. Is it ok to apply for a prevailing wage in advance through i cert portal website of labor dept, electronically. In more detail, he is not fully qualified yet, but is it ok to start prevailing wage determination proces in advance? They won't ask any supporting documents, which my husband hasn't got yet.

Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi,

The prevailing wage should be determined only when completing the Labor Condition Application (LCA) form ETA 9035.

QUESTION: sorry. This is not for a H1, but for a perm application. According to previous answer from you, prevailing wage by form 9141 should be done first, and labor certification can be done with uscis in dulpicate. Am I right?

ANSWER: Yes, that is correct. The prevailing wage determination form (Form 9141) can be submitted now.

QUESTION: you mean he can do it even he hasn't got a visa screen yet? What if they ask for supporting documents such as a visa screen certificate , which he hasn't cleard yet?

His plan is appliyng for prevailing wage in advance so that he will get the prevailing wage by the time he gets a visa scrren to save time.

Do you give a discountin in case he does a prevailing wage on his own?

Answer
There are no supporting documents on the Form 9141, which is filed electronically. However, if the job description completed on the Form 9141 specifically requires a visa screen certificate, then it should not be filed until the sponsored candidate possesses the qualification in question.

Please contact our law firm directly at info@h1b1.com for legal fee proposals, although we prefer to handle a case from inception until end.

Ajay K. Arora