Immigration Issues/Processing Time

Question
Dear Sir,  

I have applied for Canadian Immigration for Skilled Worker Class (Industrial Electrician) in 16th May 2010. I got my 1st (AOR) file number in 19th October 2010 and I have submitted my full document in 15th January 2011 to CHC London.  After that, I got 2nd AOR from CHC London in 31st May 2011. Now, approximately five months has passed and I didnt hear any news from CHC London. Someone has told me that ur application will be finalized with in 2 years due to huge backlog. This information is right and when my file is processed. In 2nd AOR letter, CHC London has written that your application will be processed in 12 months. My application will process in this time limit or late.   OR I withdraw my application and apply again with new rules. Please guide me.

Regarda!
Faisal

Answer
Hi Faisal,

Thank you for your question.  The information about the backlog is true.  London is a very busy visa office.  However, if you decide to apply again you do not have to withdraw the previous file until you receive a final decision on one of the applications, whichever comes first.  You may also want to make a case specific enquiry to London CHC asking them when you can expect to receive your medical requests which I'm assuming you have not received.  To do a case specific enquiry, follow this link:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

Try that first.  You may also want to order your CAIPS/GCMS notes to see what, if anything, has been happening on your file and to see when the next Bring Forward date is.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
www.joincanada.com

Roxanne Jessome