Immigration Issues/Spousal Sponsorship:permanent residence fee $490

Dear Jessome,
At last my application has been submitted (thanks to your kind guidance on all stages)to cpc Mississauga. We paid sponsor and applicant fee (75+550=625) at this stage and have not paid permanent residence fee of $490. Could this slow down the process in sponsorship approval in Mississauga? Further is it possible to pay this fee when the case transfers to visa office in my country.   

Hi Bassanio,

Thank you for your question.  Well first of all, you paid the wrong amount.  For spousal sponsorships the fee is $75 (application to sponsor) + $475 (application for PR) = $550.  They will send the application back to you and ask you to correct the fee payment amount.  And to your other question, YES, not including the Right of Permanent Residence fee can potentially slow your application by 1 to 2 months if it is approved and they are ready to issue the visa.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Roxanne Jessome

I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.