You are here:

Immigration Issues/I-751 self-petitioner


Hello. I was abused by my husband - there is police report and protection order. I sent I-751 myself. I need to remove conditions from my green card. Now I have been told by a friend that I did mistake and first I was supposed to file I-360. Is that true? What should I do now?

Dear Karina,

If you got a 2 year green card from the abusive relationship, then you file the I-751.  If you did not get a green card yet from the abusive relationship, you would file I-360.

You stated that you have a green card and is filing to remove the condition.  Therefore, the I-751 is the correct form.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.