Immigration Issues/affidavit of birth

Dear Jessome,
My sister is 68 year old and she  does not have birth certificate. 16 years back she made affidavit of birth (this affidavit was given by my father ) about her date and place of birth. this was made for some other purpose. now she is applying for Canadian migration under parent category. would this affidavit be valid or she needs to get another affidavit from my (and her) father.

Dear B. Broke,

Thank you for your question.  It's possible that this affidavit would be acceptable but I cannot say for sure.  Islamabad accepts Secondary School Certificates (Matriculation) in lieu of birth certificates. Also Higher Secondary School Certificates (Intermediate) are also acceptable.

I hope that helps.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Roxanne Jessome

I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.