Immigration Issues/Changing jobs after green card

Question
Dear Mr.Ajay
My original sponsor (A)of green card laid me off before an year and got taken over by a company(B) before six months.I joined my current employer C,and they responded to a RFE before three weeks on Employment verification.I received my green card and now company B would like to have me in .Job profile remains the same and is very specialised.If I join B,would it create problems during citizen ship?

Regards
Bestin

Answer

As Company C responded to the RFE prior to approval of your adjustment of status application which resulted in a green card, your intention should be to work for Co. C on a "permanent" basis. However, this is only an intention, not a contract.

Thus, it appears OK for you to join Co. B and it should not create any problem when applying for naturalization in the future since there are two mitigating factors: the new job is in the same or similar occupational classification, and you did work for at least some time at some point in time for Co. C. Another factor in your favor is that Co. B is the successor-in-interest to the original sponsor, Co. A.

Ajay K. Arora