Immigration Issues/concurrent visa: can it stand alone

Question
While being employed by employer A, I was filed a concurrent H1b visa by employer B. This year, I decided to go full time with employer B. I was on my 6 years H1b status last Oct. 2011. Upon filing for an H1b transfer to employer B on June 2011 ( not premium process ), employer A decided to revoke my 1-140 a month after my resignation, thus prompting USCIS to ask for RFE with my current H1b transfer filing. My lawyer decided not to pursue the H1b transfer with the RFE ( because of fear of being denied)  and thus decided to use the concurrent visa approval (good until 2013) instead for me to legally continue working. On the other hand I was filed EB2 and its on the perm process (not approved yet).In addition, my daughter is on H4 visa (approval is good until 2014) when I was with my employer A.

Question: Does the concurrent visa approval stand alone when the primary (employer A) H1b is not in effect anymore? So this becomes my primary H1b then? Am I still legal to work here?
How will I go about my daughter H4 status then? Is her status still good, even if I'm under the employer B H1b visa?

Answer

Yes, the concurrent H1B petition approval through employer B will allow you to continue to maintain your H1B status until expiration in 2013. You can legally work for employer B. Additional information is here: www.h1b1.com/concurrent.htm

You will be able to extend your H1B status beyond 2013 based on timely PERM filing.

Ajay K. Arora