Immigration Issues/Date H1B revocation takes effect --more

Question
Hi, I have the same question as another person has about the date that H1B revocation take effect. You stated that "In any event, you would have maintained your H1B status prior to the revocation. " Could you please let us know where we can find any official proof about this statement from USCIS? Thank you very much!

Answer

The USCIS does not have a regulation on every point in immigration law. However, I stand by my assertion that status is maintained until the point of revocation. For example: if the H1B employer revokes the H1B petition on the basis that employment was terminated on Nov. 30, 2011, but the beneficiary filed an application to change status to visitor status (B2) no later than Nov. 30, 2011, the application should be approved by the USCIS on the basis that the beneficiary was maintaining his H1B status as of the date of filing of the application to change status to visitor status (B2).

Ajay K. Arora