Immigration Issues/H1 stamping denied-apply for H4

Question

My Husband went for H1b stamping in April 2011 and his stamping was denied in October 2011 because of a wrong reason and when his attorney contacted the USCIS, they said they will look into the case and get back later. Right now he is not in US and remotely working from India for his company. We are planning to get him on H4,my H1b just approved. I have few question on this

-> I donot have pay stubs as my H1b status just started. does this matter? How do I explain this to USCIS, does this have any substitute documents?

->If he comes back on H4, can he still work for his company as his H1 is still approved. And later can he file for a H1 amendment?

I am looking forward to get some answers for these questions. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answer

Since you are on H1B status, the Consulate will expect your husband to carry with him copy of your recent pay stubs (even a couple of recent paystubs are fine since your H1B petition has only been recently approved).

If your husband enters the U.S. on H4 visa status, he cannot be employed by an H1B employer as the latest action by the USCIS would have been entry in H4 visa status, and an individual can only hold one status at a time in the U.S. Your husband's future employer can file another H1B petition for him requesting change of status from H4 to H1B.

Ajay K. Arora