Immigration Issues/immigration to Quebec from Damascus

Dear expert;
 I have been granted the CSQ 10 months ago followed by immediate application for PR at the Canadian Embassy, Damascus,
processing time indicates that it takes 21 months to the final stage.
but the current situation in Syria is unstable and could end up in civil war. in such a case, if the Canadian Embassy closes, what will happen to the people who have their documents there. and will they stand a chance of getting a PR someday?

best regards

Dear Tammam,

Thank you for your question.  In the event the Canadian government feels that it is unsafe for their staff in Damascus and decides to close the embassy, files will be forwarded to another embassy and processing will continue.  So yes, applicants will still stand a chance.

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant

Roxanne Jessome

I can answer questions pertaining to Canadian Immigration laws, policies and procedures as well as Canadian citizenship.

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant specializing in the areas of family classes (spousal sponsorships, parents and grandparents), economic classes (federal skilled worker, provincial nominees, Canada experience class), and temporary entry (temporary foreign workers, visitors) and permanent residency obligations and citizenship requirements.

Immigration Consultants Regulatory Council of Canada Canadian Association of Professional Immigration Consultants

Graduate of the University of British Columbia, Certificate in Immigration Laws, Policies and Procedures.