Immigration Issues/L-1B Blanket petition

Question

I wanted to ask a small query which is pestering me as my company is trying to process L-1B Blanket petition for me. Our company is India based and is a Subsidiary of an large US IT organization. In US, I'm going to work for my parent company and that apparently means my parent company itself is a client. My worry is, will the Visa officer accept my parent company as a client? Is this perfectly OK?

Answer

Yes, it is perfectly OK to work for the parent company in the U.S. Any type of relationship between the U.S. company and the foreign company is acceptable: www.h1b1.com/L1visa.htm

In fact, it is a stronger case to work for the parent company (or subsidiary or affiliate or branch) of the foreign company in the U.S. rather than a client which is a 3rd party.

Ajay K. Arora