Immigration Issues/L1 to L2 transfer



I am currently on L2 and My husband who is on L1 will have to return back shortly as his project is coming to completion. I have about 7 months of work experience in US with a prestigious client. If a company (where I was working for when I was in India) is ready to process my L1-B, is it doable? This company is one of the biggest Indian Consultant in US. Please help!

Dear Meghana,

You can always change status from L2 to L1b if you are hired by a company and you are considered to have specialized knowledge regarding proprietary programs or products information.

You are asking about complexity.  I cannot analyze that without knowing the company's background, the position being offered, the salary level and job description.  The "biggest Indian consultant" in the US does not provide me with any information.  If you want to know about the complexity of your case you have to provide me with more background information to base my analysis.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]