Immigration Issues/L2 to Visitor Visa

Question

I am currently on L2 and My husband in L1 may have to return back by late Jan due to completion of the project. By January end I will be about 5 months pregnant. Is it possible for me get a Visitor Visa until the baby is born? Or is there any other way? Appreciate any help.

Answer

You can file an application with the USCIS for a visitor visa requesting change of status from L2 to B2. Since this status is independent of your husband's, the application to change your status to visitor is approvable. The visitor status is for a maximum of six months, and the application should be filed while your husband is still in L1 status.

Ajay K. Arora