Immigration Issues/Priority date current - apply for GC later?

Question
Hi Attorney Ajay K Arora,
I guess my case is a little strange as i don't want to apply for I-485 now even though my EB2 priority date is current.
When i started my GC process, i was planning to stay in US and settle down. Now my Priority date is current and have a EB2 based I-140 approved, i am thinking of moving to another country with a possibility of applying my I-485, say two years from now.

1) The reason for my not wanting to apply for GC is because i am moving out of USA for better career prospects and earnings.
2) If i have GC, i am liable for Taxes on my world wide income after the foreign earned income exemption limit.
3) I think the costs involved to apply for I-485s a family of four and the tax liability is a costly Insurance to re-enter US.

My question is, Can i use my approved EB2 I-140, to apply for I-485 in year 2014, if i want to come back to US two years from now.

Thank you
Sridhar

Answer

There is no deadline for filing an I-485 application when the priority date is current. Thus, the I-485 can be filed later, as long as the sponsoring company continues to offer you employment upon I-485 approval, and as long as the priority date is still current when the I-485 is filed. Information about priority dates is here: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Ajay K. Arora