Immigration Issues/Remarry ex spouse

Question
I gain my citizenship through marriage to USC.My marriage to the USC lasted for 6 years. After our divorce can I remarry my first wife whom I divorced 9 years ago and sponsor her to come to the U.S (My first wife and I have kids together)

Answer

Yes, you can marry your former spouse and sponsor her. The marriage will be given greater scrutiny by the USCIS to make certain that it is a bona fide marriage if the divorce to the USC and the marriage to your new spouse occurred within 5 years of the divorce to the USC. Information about marriage to a U.S. citizen is here: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

Ajay K. Arora