Immigration Issues/substitute for marriage certificate

Question
Dear Jessome,
Marry Christmas and New year in advance. My aunt is being processed for migration under parents category. She is now 68 and a widow. She married when nikhanama were not in practice. What alternate proof she can give in place of Nikhanama. Note she is a widow and providing death certificate of her husband, further her son's (who is sponsor in this case) national ID documents contain name of his mother and father also. Is this enough to establish proof of marriage? Thanks in advance.
B.Broke

Answer
Hi Bassanio,

Is there any other proof of marriage available?  It's not that big of a deal as the husband is dead and she is being sponsored by a child.  She is the principal applicant.  At most, I imagine that CIC MAY ask for DNA results to prove the relationship.  But really, she doesn't need to show proof of marriage, just proof that she is a family member of the sponsor.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
www.joincanada.com

Roxanne Jessome