Immigration Issues/Impact of relocation on GC process

Question
Hi
I am working as Full Time Employee on H1.  I also have a GC process and PERM and 140 have been approved. 485 not filed due to retrogression.

My office has moved to a new location which is within same Metropolitan area (MSA) ,  just 10 miles from earlier location.  

Does this require a new LCA  and is there any risk on my GC process ?  

I saw a recent FAQ from DOL which says that even for same MSA employer should post a notice in new location and *may* file a new LCA . I am confused what the "may" file means .

Answer

Since the new location of your worksite is within the MSA, a new LCA is not required to be filed with the Department of Labor. The employer, however, should post the already certified LCA in the new location. The LCA is connected with H1B only.

There is no risk to your GC process, as the recruitment for U.S. workers required for PERM was carried out within the MSA. Thus, no new advertising is required for the position.

Ajay K. Arora