Immigration Issues/L2 visa holder travel

Question
Can L2 visa holder travel to US alone for first time while L1 is already in US? What are the document does he/she needs to show at POE. Thanks for the help.

Answer

Yes, you can travel alone on unexpired L2 visa stamp in your passport to join your L1 spouse. Although not required, I recommend that you carry with you copy of your spouse's L1 approval notice (Form I-797) from the USCIS, copy of spouse's recent pay stubs from the L1 employer, copy of marriage certificate, and copy of the biographic pages of spouse's passport as well as copy of the spouse's L1 visa stamp in his or her passport. You should keep all of these documents to one side and show them only upon request, as the likelihood is that you will be admitted to the U.S. with your L2 visa stamp without any problems.

Ajay K. Arora