Immigration Issues/marriage


hello, i met my fiancee online and she came to the US to visit her sister. we met and we want to get married. since she is on a tourist visa i want to know if its okay to do this. we were told we have to go do the papers from the US embassy in Egypt but the US embassy in Egypt is closed now due to the circumstances there. can we do the marriage here and finish her papers?

Because she entered the US legally, she can stay and finish her green card application here in the United States.  I have many clients in her situation and I have gotten them approved with local USCIS office.  Takes about 5 to 6 months to get the green card itself, but I can get her a work permit within 90 days of filing the paperwork, which will enable her to apply for a social security number as well as a driver's license.

USCIS filing fee is $1490 and the attorney's fees is $1500, with payment plans available.  I promise that if the marriage is real, I can get her a permanent resident status (green card) within the U.S.

Shoot me an email at attorney@ lawofficesofjackcsung dot com to start the process.  I can have all of the paperwork ready to file with USCIS within a week or two.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]