Immigration Issues/Can re-enter on same I-94 (L1B)

Question
I am Canadian and have L1B Visa(got in 2009) to US from MNC company and my L1B is valid till Jan 2012 and my I-94 is valid till June-2011. I have weekly travelled to the company in Chicago for 6 months in 2009. After that I have worked in Canada and I didn't return my I-94 card. Now I have to travel to different location in North Carolina office. So can I use the same I-94 card as re-entry?

Please advise. Thanks.

Answer

As a Canadian citizen, you should be able to enter the U.S. by showing either L1B approval notice (Form I-797) or L1B visa stamp in your passport at port-of-entry, since you will be working for the L1B petitioning company (I assume that the North Carolina office is a branch of the L1B petitioning company). It is OK if the location is different.

Ajay K. Arora