Immigration Issues/student visa


hi, im visiting the US on tourist visa and i want to change it to student visa to do that possible? i did not have my stay expired

It is possible to change your status from tourist visa to student.  You are required to file the change of status before your I-94 expires, but after 60 days of entry.  You will not be able to change status if you entered on the visa waiver, even though you will have a tourist status as well.  If you used a B1/B2 visa to enter the US, I can change your status.

The change of status does take 2 to 3 months to complete and get an answer from USCIS.  You will not be able to start school until the change of status is approved by USCIS.

The attorney's fees will be $500 and USCIS filing fee is $300.  If you are interested, please contact my office at (949)228-3922 or

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]