Immigration Issues/My trouble J1 visa.......

Question
I'm on a professor J-1 visa and I am subject to the two years rule. Since it's a program through the government, I already know that there is no way for me to get a waiver.....

This type of visa is really confusing for me, so I have to have different plans after I finish this program. I'm trying to figure out a way to stay in the US for another year and that's why my questions are all fairly different.

I would like to thank you ahead of time for your help and here are my questions:

1. I have some job opportunities after the current program I'm in, is it possible for me to get an H visa?

2. If I want to change to another program after the current one I'm in, and I still want to stay on J-1, is it possible?

3. I want to apply for gradschool in the US, can I be a student while I'm on J-1?

Thanks a lot!

Answer

No, because you are subject to the 2 year residency rule.  No change of status if you are subject to Section 212(e).

Possible, but I am not sure without knowing more about your J-1 terms and conditions.

Cannot change status to F-1 because you are subject to the 2 year residency rule.

Jack Sung