Immigration Issues/I-130 and priority dates

Question
Hello,
well,
assume my priority date is 10 october 2010 and when i check the USCIS visa bulletin and by the month of may 2011, the current date is "05 november 2010"
Does it means that my priority date is current?
if yes, i will have to apply for I 485 right?
and why do i have to wait again for visa bulletin even though my I 130 is approved?

Please im really confused, if you could shed some light on this and help me to understand it through detailed explanation.
Thank you

Answer
The date stated on the state department visa bulletin http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html for the particular employment or family preference category must be prior to the priority date noted on the I-130 petition approval notice in order for I-485 to be filed. Information about priority dates is here: www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

Perhaps in a month or two the visa bulletin will specify a date of, for example, Oct. 05. In this instance, the I-485 can be filed as the priority date will be current. Do not confuse the state department visa bulletin with the USCIS processing times for approval of any particular petition. Thus, the approval of I-130 petition, by itself, does not allow for I-485 filing even though I-130 is approved, as there is a line of people ahead of you and the number of visas available is limited, necessitating the need for the state department visa bulletin.

Ajay K. Arora