Immigration Issues/i-485 adding spouse

Question
I have applied for I-485 in EB2 category. If I get married before I-485 is approved can I add my spouse to my green card application.

Answer

Yes, if you marry prior to your I-485 approval your spouse will be included in your green card application, and your spouse will be able to file I-485 if in the U.S. and priority date is current, or if outside the U.S. your spouse can obtain immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate in home country if priority date is current.

If you marry after your I-485 is approved, you will be required to sponsor your spouse in the F2A category but this will take at least a couple of years (and probably even longer) for the priority date to be current: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm  

Ajay K. Arora