Immigration Issues/Apply for L2 visa while 221(g) pending for H1B stamp?

Question
Hi, I had applied for H1-B visa and was given a 221(g) blue form with the comment "Wait for decision from officer" from the US consulate in mumbai, it's been almost 3 weeks but no update yet from the consulate. In the meantime my wife has now been approved a L1-A so can I apply for a L2 visa in this situation. Will there be any implications?

Answer

I recommend contacting the Consulate to request withdrawal of the application for H1B visa stamping and return of your passport.

When you have received your passport, make an appointment with the Consulate for issuance of L2 visa stamp. There will be no problem due to earlier withdrawal.

Ajay K. Arora