Immigration Issues/H1B premium processing

Question

US company A is ready to apply my H1B premium processing in April 2011 for the year 2012. With H1B premium processing, the H1B visa gets approved within 1 month (max). Can I start working as soon as my H1B gets approved or do I have to wait till October to start working?

you advise will be highly appreciated.

Answer

I am assuming that you are not currently in H1B status.

As you are subject to the visa cap, your H1B status will take effect on Oct. 01, 2011 even if you obtain H1B approval within a few days of Co. A filing the H1B petition with the USCIS at the beginning of April. In other words, the H1B approval notice will have a start date of Oct. 01 even if filed through premium processing in April.

Ajay K. Arora