Immigration Issues/Can H1B be sponserd by Non profit org ?

Question
Hi ,
I came to US with H4 visa . I would like to file an H1b to pursue my career. Am volunteering as web developer for non profit org . The management is very satisfied with my work . They are ready to help me for converting my visa status (H4 to H1 ). Since i don't know what is the exact procedure , am stuck up here . So could you please help me !

Answer

Your employer has to file an H1B petition with the USCIS requesting change of your status from H4 to H1B. You should possess at least the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree.

A general idea of the documents and information required can be obtained here: http://h1b1.com/files/faq.htm#Checklist

You can call our law firm during  business hours at 212-268-3580 or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora