Immigration Issues/H1B visa and credentials evaluation

Question
I am about to apply for H1 visa and one of my fried told me to get my degrees verified by a company which charges a fees and verfy the degrees .So my question is if thats true which are the company who verify the degrees for H1 visa and how much do they charge.

Answer

You can do a search engine query for companies which provide credentials evaluation equating a foreign degree to the U.S. equivalent. A credentials evaluation is required to be submitted with the H1B petition if the beneficiary does not have a U.S. degree.

A typical fee for credentials evaluation is about $150. A company which our law firm has used regularly is http://morningsideevaluations.com/

Ajay K. Arora