Immigration Issues/VERY IMPORTANT.

Question
Dear Expert,my question is very important to me and I really need your answer. I came in as an F1 student and my visa is currently valid, but I lost my 1-94 card on my wedding day . I called the police immediately I found out; the police gave me a case number. My husband is filling for me and my 1-94 card is required from the form, I  have the stamp on my passport. I know the date I entered the state which I filled. My question is: since I reported the lost of my 1-94 card and have the police case number, will I still order for another one and will it affect me?(as my husband is filling for me).
Please, I hope my question makes sense and easy to understand if not please pardon my grammar and help me out.
Thanks.

Answer
Hello Jul,

I have several clients in your situation and some of them don't even have the stamp.  I would advise filing the paperwork with the copy of the stamp, and bring it to the interview.  Before filing the green card paperwork, apply for a replacement of the I-94 (FORM I-102) and by the time the interview rolls around you should have a copy of the replacement.

Jack Sung