Immigration Issues/VERY IMPORTANT.


Dear Expert,my question is very important to me and I really need your answer. I came in as an F1 student and my visa is currently valid, but I lost my 1-94 card on my wedding day . I called the police immediately I found out; the police gave me a case number. My husband is filling for me and my 1-94 card is required from the form, I  have the stamp on my passport. I know the date I entered the state which I filled. My question is: since I reported the lost of my 1-94 card and have the police case number, will I still order for another one and will it affect me?(as my husband is filling for me).
Please, I hope my question makes sense and easy to understand if not please pardon my grammar and help me out.

Hello Jul,

I have several clients in your situation and some of them don't even have the stamp.  I would advise filing the paperwork with the copy of the stamp, and bring it to the interview.  Before filing the green card paperwork, apply for a replacement of the I-94 (FORM I-102) and by the time the interview rolls around you should have a copy of the replacement.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]