Immigration Issues/Moving to home country

Question
Mr. Arora,

I'm currently working on an H1-B visa and have a couple of years to go. If I wish to go back to my home country, what procedures would be involved?
I understand the answer might be lengthy, perhaps you can give me some pointers.

Thanks

Answer

There is no problem in departing the U.S. You should turn in your I-94 to the airline when departing the U.S.

If you departing only temporarily and will enter the U.S. again prior to expiration of your H1B approval notice with the intention of working for the H1B sponsoring employer, you would need an H1B visa stamp issued by a U.S. Consulate. The list of Consulates can be obtained here: http://www.usembassy.gov/

Ajay K. Arora