Immigration Issues/removal from the U.S.

Question
Hi. I came in US in 2002 on K-1 visa and my fiance changed her mind. I overstayed illegally in US and now I am in the removal process. Meantime I got married with my wife who is on H1-B and the I-140 approved. What are my chances to remain in US?

Answer

Entry on K1 visa and failure to marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days of entry to the U.S. fiance disallows adjustment of status. You cannot remain legally in the U.S. However, if you depart the U.S., you will be barred from coming back to the U.S. for at least 10 years for having overstayed your visa status for at least 365 days.

There is no solution, unfortunately.

Ajay K. Arora