Immigration Issues/student visa stamping with existing B1/B2

Question
when both parents are green card holders and only sister is a citizen, if the brother having B1/B2 visa having visited many times to usa applies for Student visa from India for doing M.S./PhD course in U.S. what are chances of getting visa? Will B1/B2 visa be cancelled if F1 gets rejected?

Answer

As you have visited the U.S. previously multiple times without any apparent violation of immigration status, and as no family member has filed an immigrant petition for you (such as Form I-130 petition), the odds are good that the U.S. Consulate will issue you an F1 visa stamp.

In the event that the Consulate does not issue the F1 visa stamp, the Consulate is unlikely to cancel the existing visitor visa stamp.

Ajay K. Arora