Immigration Issues/H1B Business Analyst category

Question

If my employer files a H1B visa for me in the of Business Analyst category will I be able to take up an IT job with that visa. Can I get job as a software test engineer with a H1B visa in Business Analyst category?

Aruna

Answer

H1B status is employer specific, meaning that you can be employed by an an employer only if it successfully files an H1B petition with the USCIS. In addition, your job title when employed by the H1B employer should be the same job title as noted on the H1B petition. If there is a significant difference between the actual terms of the employment and what is indicated on the H1B petition, your employer should file an amended H1B petition with the USCIS.

However, multiple employers can file an H1B petition for you and you can then decide to work for Employer A and/or Employer B: www.h1b1.com/concurrent.htm

As long as you are qualified to perform the job adequately, Employer A can file for you as Business Analyst, and Employer B can file for you as Software Test Engineer.

Ajay K. Arora