Immigration Issues/Paretns immigration


Dear Jack

I am a US citizen and trying to file for immigration for my parents who are in the US legally. I was wondering if I have to file seperately for each of them form I-130 and I-485 or together and if I have to pay separately for each or there will be only one charge?

If I file both forms, do I have to pay only I-485 form or both? How much all together will be filing for my parents.

Please also let me know how much would you charge for all paperwork. Thanks.



Hello Nurulla,

You have to file 2 separate cases for each of your parent and pay separately.

Each parent will cost $1490.  Both parents = $2980

I charge $1200 for one case, and can give you half of on the second case ($600).  Therefore for both cases I charge $1800.  I also accept installment payments if you wish to pay monthly payments.

If you are interested in going forward, call me at (949)228-3922 or email me at and I can forward you the necessary instruction.

=) Hope to hear from you soon.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.