Immigration Issues/h4 visa

Question
hi,
my mom is working in US and we will be applying for an h4 visa i know that we need pictures of my parents wedding but we lost it due to flood.is it really important?what shall we do?is it ok if we don't have one?

thanks.

Answer

As there is an adequate explanation (flood damage), do not worry about the absence of wedding pictures of your parents. There is plenty of other evidence that supports the marriage of your parents (the most important of which is marriage certificate) but this can be supplemented by birth certificates of children, evidence of joint assets (such as property or credit cards or bank accounts, etc.), listing the spouse on any documents such as insurance (in other words, the marriage is not hidden but it is public knowledge), etc.

Ajay K. Arora