Immigration Issues/immigration


Hi i thinking of moving to the USA but i am not sure how to do it. First of all i am a canadian citizen i had been in living in canada for 10 years but i was born in cuba and i left my country when i was 21 year that was back in 2006 i just want to know what kind of visa can i apply for or if the ley de ajuste cubano apply to me ?

p.s I had been told that i might have to choose between canada or the USA ?

please help me

Hello Monika,

I believe if you enter the United States with your Canadian passport, and reside in the United States for one year after getting the entry stamp in your passport, you are able to apply for permanent resident status as a Cuban national within the U.S.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.