Immigration Issues/Getting a HB1 visa

Hi, I am actually under a F1 studying special education, I already have a bachelor in early childhood education  and would like to work as nanny while studying. Can I be sponsored by the family I will work for for a Hb1?
What do they need to do?

Hello Mariel,

The family must sign the sponsorship paperwork and pay the filing fee ($1520).  I think the difficulty lies in justifying using your skills for the nannying job.  You must show how you would use your early childhood education for your nannying work and why an early childhood education is required for this job position.  Normally nannies do not require a B.A. degree in anything.  

Jack Sung

Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else

Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award