Immigration Issues/H4 Visa

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

My wife is in US with her approved H1-B visa and I am in India and working in a company of which I hold L1B visa.

i have a question,will there be any problem if I go for H4 Visa stamping in a consulate in India?Do I need to inform my my company that I am going for a dependent visa?
Also what are the chances for approval of the H4 visa?

I really appreciate a response on this.

Thanks!

ANSWER: Hi,

The U.S. Consulate should issue you H4 visa stamp since your wife is maintaining H1B visa status. You do not require the permission of your L1B employer to apply for H4 visa stamp at the Consulate.

QUESTION: What are the chances of approval of H4 visa? also what all are the mandatory documents to be carried during Interview?

Answer
If you can show that your spouse is maintaining H1B status, then you should be issued H4 visa stamp. Check with the Consulate about required documents for visa stamping. In India, the appropriate website is https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/Index.html

Ajay K. Arora